From reduced glare to lower energy bills, professional window tinting and window film both bring a number of benefits to homeowners in Northern California. The choice between film and tinting depends largely on personal preference, so as you weigh your options, be sure to consider what it is you want to get out of your windows.
Residential Window Tinting
Though window tinting is more common in commercial settings than in residential areas, there’s no reason why homes can’t also reap the rewards of tinted windows. Home window tinting brings a number of benefits, and many homeowners continue choose this option over window film.
- Privacy. Arguably the most common reason homeowners choose window tinting is increased privacy. Tinting is available in many different shades, giving you the level of privacy you need in residential areas with other homes nearby.
- Curb Appeal. Window tinting lends a sleek, modern appearance to your home. Matched with the right architecture, this can really make your home stand out and look great.
- Reduced Glare. Window tinting reduces the amount of visible light entering your home, which gives you reduced glare, especially if you have large windows that let in a lot of light. This makes it easier to do everything from watch TV and read a book to using your smartphone or tablet.
- Energy Savings. Sunlight entering your windows can essentially turn your home into a greenhouse, but window tinting solves this problem by reducing the amount of heat transfer in your windows. As a result, your energy bills will be lower and you will find it easier to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
Residential Window Film
A wide range of window films are available, giving homeowners a lot of options to choose from. One of the biggest perks of window film is variety—depending on your needs, window film can be customized to give you just the benefits you desire.
- UV Protection. Even clear window film offers real protection against ultraviolet radiation, with some film blocking up to 99% of the sun’s UV rays. This not only saves your carpets and furniture from fading, but provides protection from skin cancer as well.
- Improved Security. It is absolutely essential that you and your family feel safe in your home. Safety and security film provides an added barrier between your home and would-be intruders, making your window glass stronger and much more difficult to break. This type of film also holds the shards of glass together in the event that a window is broken, protecting everyone in your household in case of accidental breakage.
- Energy Efficiency. Tinted window film has enormous energy saving potential, and you may be able to reduce your heating and cooling costs year-round. Much like window tinting, tinted window film reduces the “greenhouse effect” that occurs when sunlight enters your windows, making it easier to keep your home cool. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends high-reflectivity window film to most effectively block heat gain.
- Decoration. The decorative potential of some window film is impossible to ignore. While giving your home increased privacy, decorative window film can also create the appearance of frosted or etched glass at a fraction of the price. It can even be made to create the dazzling effect of stained glass.
For residents of the Northern California area, better and more efficient windows are just a click or call away. Contact us today to learn more about how your home may benefit from professional window tinting and film.